Hawera Aero Club is located at the Hawera Aerodrome, a privately owned airfield located on Waihi Road (State Highway 3), the main road North from Hawera. We are the only aerodrome in South Taranaki.
The Aero Club dates back to 1929 when the first aerodrome was leased at Dunlop Field, Turuturu Road. In 1935 the property of A. Spratt was purchased by the Aero Club and the site developed into an airfield for the region’s benefit. This is the site still in use today. The large hangar that can be seen from the main road is the original that was built at Dunlop Field.
What we offer
- Recreational / Sport flying
- Learn to Fly Packages
- Flight Instruction
- Social Gatherings/Trips & Competitions